Durable Handmade Quality
Photo by Mario Desgronte
I am happy to announce my newest whip line, the "Rachel" Stock. Here is the Whip Basics official Review #37, by Robby Amper. Thank you very much, my friend, for introducing this whip to the public.
Photo by Robby Amper
I am pleased to present an official Whip Basics review by my dear friend Robby Amper for the Amper Style.
Photo by Mario Desgronte
At Wolf Creek Whips, I strive to build a quality durable handcrafted whip to serve your needs. I work carefully and meticulously to make the whip you desire. I build working tools for real life use as well as specializing in completely hand crafted wood handles from exotic wood.
Customer care is important to me. Very often my schedule is extremely busy, but I do my best to serve my customers with the care I would want to have. I keep my customers up to date with the build of their whip- I usually email progress photos along the way. If there are any concerns or questions I will answer as quickly as possible.
I currently have four distinct whip lines:
- the Amper Style, shown above, the brainchild of my dear friend, Robby Amper. The Amper Style features a very noseheavy (weight is forward to the tip) cow whip thong with a little added binding at the transition epoxied into a completely handmade exotic wood handle. This whip comes with a stamped and signed certificate of authenticity for the handle which is numbered, three falls with quick-change cracker loops, (both weighted and non-weighted) and five crackers (tapered dyneema-style and tapered sinew).
Jatoba wood handle, Black, Charcoal Gray and Crimson paracord.
- the Rachel Stock Whip, a heavy and quite highly patterned plaited thong on a completely hand shaped and finished handle. The natural kangaroo leather keeper and grip wrap gives this whip a different feel. The handle is 18" long with a recessed tip where the keeper is attached. I strongly recommend the 5' thong, definitely the "sweet spot" for this heavy whip. I would see 6' as really quite long, this whip pulls forward and is very heavy, too long in the thong would make it difficult. Everything is designed to taper as smoothly as possible overall both for smooth cracking and visual appeal. Photo by Robby Amper
- the Florida Style Cow Whip, a working tool- lathe turned handle and traditionally less binding. This whip has (unless specified otherwise) a 15" domestic or exotic hardwood handle turned on a lathe (these are not numbered), three falls with quick-change cracker loops, and three straight dyneema crackers.
- My price will go up on cow whips, just a bit, soon. I will no longer be offering lathe turned handles at this time.
Jatoba wood handles, Acid Dark Brown paracord
- the Steer Whip, a sleek lighter-in-the-handle type of bullwhip and noseheavy design- features a (made by hand) wood grip and no transition knots. These are numbered, come with a simple stamped and signed certificate of authenticity, three falls with quick-change cracker loops, (both weighted and non-weighted) and five crackers (tapered dyneema-style and tapered sinew).
Walnut Grip, Black and Silver Gray paracord
All of the hand made handles are individually numbered and certified. That way, I make sure that my customers who recognize the traditional art of making handles by hand receive their absolutely unique and individual piece of art. And - yes - made by hand means by hand. No machines, no lathe. Entirely hand crafted with a rasp and vise. The Amper Style handles take anywhere between 3-5 hours total time (depending on the species of wood) to shape and finish.
Here is how my cow whips move as demonstrated by Mr. Robert Amper:
...and here you can see the beginning of a whole new kind of whip, as invented by Mr. Robert Amper. I made the whip, yes, but the idea is his. It is my honor to carry it forward...
Thank you, Robby.
If you're looking for instruction on how to crack your whip in a safe and skilled way, I recommend you consider the quality teaching videos by Robert Amper of Whip Basics. These are by far the best Beginner's Guide to whip cracking available.
Now available to order!
Whip Basis Volume V - The Teacher's Edition
You will find nearly little to no whip handling and explanation on cracks. Volume V is about psychology, communication, body dynamics, legal situations, how to approach to students and more.
If you would like more information please contact me and I will answer your questions as soon as possible.